Here's a recipe recommend by one of our CSA members from http://www.kalynskitchen.com
- 1 bunch Red Russian Kale, chopped, or use any other variety of kale
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (1/2 tsp. teaspoon minced garlic)
- 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Tamari or other soy sauce
- 1 C grated cheese (I used a blend of low-fat cheese called Pizza Cheese which has mozzarella, provolone, romano, and parmesan)
- 1/4 cup 100% whole wheat bread crumbs (optional; I've made this successfully without the bread crumbs)
- 6 eggs, beaten well
- 1/2 tsp. Spike Seasoning
Preheat oven to 350F. Cut off kale stems and discard, then wash kale leaves and dry well. (I used a salad spinner.) Pile kale leaves up on top of each other and cut into strips about 3/4 inch wide, then turn cutting board the other way and cut again so you have squares just under an inch square. Chop onion into pieces about 1/2 inch.
Heat olive oil in large heavy frying pan, then add onions and saute 3 minutes. Add garlic and saute about 2 more minutes, then add kale, turning over as it wilts and sauteeing about 5 minutes, or until kale is significantly wilted and softened.
Put sauteed vegetables into large bowl and add Tamari, cheese, bread crumbs, beaten eggs, and Spike seasoning. Stir gently until ingredients are well distributed. Spray pen in egg mixture. (Pan that's 11.5 X 7.5 inches.) Bake 20-25 minutes until eggs are well set and the top is lightly browned. Serve hot. This is good with low-fat sour cream or salsa.
Click here for Current Availability
Click here for links to recipes and meal suggestions for the week.
Not sure what you have?