1 large garlic clove
2 green onion (spring onions)
2 tablespoons vegetable or peanut oil, for stir-frying
2 - 3 teaspoons chile paste, according to taste
1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine, dry sherry, or white wine
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon sugar
1 - 2 teaspoons soy sauce, optional
1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed in 4 teaspoons water
- Rinse the cabbage and pat dry. Remove the leaves and cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces. Finely chop the garlic. Rinse the green onion and cut into 1-inch lengths.
- Heat the pan/wok and add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add the chile paste. Stir-fry for 30 seconds, then add the garlic. Stir-fry for a few seconds until fragrant, and then add the cabbage.
- Stir-fry the cabbage for 1 minute, splashing with the rice wine or dry sherry and stirring in the salt.
- Add the water. Turn down the heat, cover, and simmer the cabbage for 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat back to medium-high. Stir in the sugar and green onion. Stir in the soy sauce if desired.
- Push the cabbage to the sides of the wok. Give the cornstarch and water mixture a quick stir and add it in the middle, stirring quickly to thicken. Cook briefly to mix everything together. Serve hot.
This is where a listing of the produce that is included in weekly CSA baskets is typically posted.
Click here for the Weekly Share Listing.
Click here for links to recipes and meal suggestions for the week.
Not sure what you have?